Let’s face it. We’ve all been here. That moment of panic when you feel that there’s more hair in the shower drain or on the pillowcase than on your head. Yes, the very moment you convince yourself (finally) you must be going bald.
How much hair loss is normal?
Take a deep breath and listen to some good news. Finding some hair strands on your bathroom floor does not mean you are experiencing permanent or irreversible hair loss. Statistics say that it’s totally normal to lose some hair every day – the average person loses 100 hairs on a daily basis. That could sound like a lot, but not so much when you compare it to the fact that the same average person also has 100,000 strands of hair on the scalp. This shedding is a healthy and natural part of the four stages of growth: those hairs are anyways meant to fall out and grow back.
Beware of Male Pattern Baldness
That said, an unusual amount of hair loss could be cause for concern. If you’re seeing signs of hair loss like a receding hairline or overall hair thinning or mathematically losing at least 125 hairs per day consistently, you may be experiencing Male Pattern Hair Loss.
Male Pattern Baldness (MPB) is a genetic condition that affects 2 out of every 3 guys by the time they are 35. Although, there is no real cure for it, the good news is that Male Pattern Baldness is a gradual (not a sudden) process — so the earlier you take action, the more hair you can keep.
Be Aware of Hair Loss Treatments
1. Stick with the drugs that have a green-light from the FDA viz. Finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidil (Rogaine). A hair loss expert can guide you the right dose for this based on your hair loss condition.
2. Use the Right Shampoos (with DHT Blockers) to Prevent Baldness
3. Laser Hair therapy is an FDA-cleared treatment for mild to moderate male-pattern baldness.
4. Get Thick Hair with PRP Hair Treatment and Hair Mesotherapy
5. Need A Permanent Solution to Hair Loss? The only one is a Hair Transplant
How do you begin? Well, consult your hair loss specialist to identify the root cause of your hair loss (pun intended), and learn more about Male Pattern Baldness and the hair loss treatments that fight hair loss with Evolved Hair Restoration Clinics.